How to Prevent Small Town Property Manager From Disclosing Info

How to Prevent Small Town Property Manager From Disclosing Info

Lititz, PA · Member since 2013 · 595 posts · 272 votes

Is there anything that can be done to prevent a property manager from disclosing info, especially financial info?  This could particularly be a problem in small town markets.  This question is directed more towards hiring someone in a small town where professional managers aren't available.  I'm considering investing in an area like this.
Can a non-disclosure-agreement work?
Are there ways to judge a person's character/background to determine they won't spread information?  I understand that rental rates are available to anyone who asks, but that doesn't mean a property manager should be hanging out at the local bar telling everyone how much income there is (especially when they don't always know all of the expenses).

Thanks!

0Reply
8 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Riverside, CA · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    You can do an NDA or you can ask them not to share, but this generally isn't a huge concern and if the concern revolves more around privacy I'd spend money on an LLC or DBA and a PO Box before I'd spend money on an NDA.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.