Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Multi-Family and Apartment Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Ellie Narie
  • Investor
  • Ashland, OR
Votes |
What price would you offer for this 4plex?

Ellie Narie
  • Investor
  • Ashland, OR
Posted

I'm looking to buy a 4plex, and my realtor introduced me to an off market deal. The quad has 2/1 units, each renting at 900 a month, and one of them is empty (so perfect for a house hack). My market is very tight, I live in a small town on the west coast, and 4plexes come on the market rarely (and this one isn't even technically "on" the market). There was one 4plex that came on the market a couple months ago, that's literally on the same street as this one, with the same rents, and got 3 CASH offers of 500k.

But with the whole corona thing, surely I shouldn't be paying 500k here? What would be a good offer? I'd also be responsible for water/sewer/trash which adds an additional $350 per month of expenses on top of the mortgage. I hope to manage the property myself, and to use an FHA loan.

Help, what should I be offering to make house hacking work? The price wasn't specified, the owners want us to make them an offer,but it was hinted that they wanted somewhere along the lines of 450-500k. Should I offed 430k? Or less? What do you think?

Loading replies...