What kind of contact management do you use?

What kind of contact management do you use?

Lender · Nationwide · Member since 2018 · 571 posts · 310 votes

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for CRM recommendations, ideally built to automatically sync with Gmail. Often times I'll take business cards at networking events, and will want to add contacts manually, without having recieved an email first, but haven't been able to find any that allow you to manually add contacts as well. What kind of CRM software do you use?

0Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · USA · Member since 2018 · 325 posts · 222 votes
6y

I really like contactually. Its pretty robust.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · RVA · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y

    I'm using Cloze. I used to use Contactually. It does a decent job. I know others who are using Zoho, Podio, Hubspot, ActiveCampaign CRM, and many others. I think you need to do a bunch of free trials, check them out, and figure out which one you like the most.

  • Rental Property Investor · USA · Member since 2018 · 325 posts · 222 votes
    6y

    I really like contactually. Its pretty robust.

  • Rental Property Investor · RVA · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y

    I believe it's all about finding what works for you. As @Erik Hatch said, Contactually is great. @Greg Dickerson uses Microsoft's Outlook tools and Excel, if memory serves. There is no single right way, just what works for you.

  • Developer · Charlottesville, VA · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Taylor L.:

    I believe it's all about finding what works for you. As @Erik Hatch said, Contactually is great. @Greg Dickerson uses Microsoft's Outlook tools and Excel, if memory serves. There is no single right way, just what works for you.

    A lot of it depends on what you want to do. Active campaign and contactually are great all around systems. There are also systems specific to investors and investor management for raising capital but they are not inexpensive.

    For all of my companies I have always used Microsoft office to mange contacts, calendar email, etc. When office 365 came out I switched to that which is just office in the cloud. With exchange (Microsoft), google suite, Gmail and apple you can group your contacts, make notes, send mass emails, organize email by contacts and group conversations etc. I do use Mailchimp for large group and marketing email communications for community events and non profits as it’s free and a little easier to manage a lot of subscribers.

  • Lender · Nationwide · Member since 2018 · 571 posts · 310 votes
    6y

    Thanks for the advice @Taylor L., @Greg Dickerson, and @Erik Hatch. I use an apple and google based system right now, so I'll try out some of the systems like Contactually and Cloze and keep in mind the investor specific systems for the future.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.