Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Multi-Family and Apartment Investing

User Stats

Votes
Jared Weaver
  • Investor
  • Schwenksville, PA
Votes |
Any good audiobooks to gain knowledge of rental prop investing?

Jared Weaver
  • Investor
  • Schwenksville, PA
Posted Oct 30 2015, 10:33

hi everyone, not to sure if this has been covered before and if so, I apologize.  I do a lot of driving and was wondering if anyone had GLOWING RECOMMENDATIONS for an audio book that has helped them gain increased knowledge regarding owning, investing in, running buy and hold rental properties such as single homes, duplexes, triplexes and so on.  Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.  THANKS!

User Stats

Votes
Jesse Lynch
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Minneapolis, MN
Replied Oct 30 2015, 10:45

I'm in the same position where i'm driving a TON lately.  6 hour round trip from Minneapolis, to Two Harbors once a week.  And it's not an audiobook, but the Bigger Pockets Podcast is seriously FILLED with information.  And from all sorts of different investors/perspectives.  I think they have like 150 episodes, each of which is an hour long.  I've listened to 30 so far, and I feel so much more informed and inspired by them.  Their guests also give book suggestions, which I have taken note of, and even downloaded a few audio books that I intend to listen to once I catch up on the podcasts.

Rich Dad Poor Dad

Millionaire Real Estate Investor

Hope this helps!

User Stats

Votes
Edward B.
  • Investor
  • Midlothian, VA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Midlothian, VA
Replied Oct 30 2015, 10:54

@Jared Weaver

Not totally REI related but the one that I have recommended to all my friends and family is the 10X Rule by Grant Cardone. I wanted to listen to it after hearing his podcast where he said that he read the book himself and there was more info in the audio book than in the paper version.

He is right, he reads the book like he is talking to you and it is entertaining as all get out. I was a bit leery of the book because I assumed that it was going to be "set your goals 10X as high and then work 10X harder than everyone else to get there." And, well, it is. I don't necessarily subscribe to that, I'm more of a work/life balance guy, but I can tell you I love his attitude and mentality and was pretty much ready to take on the entire world all by my self every time I listened to it.

So, not educational but definitely motivational along with many good take-aways. Just make sure you get the version he reads himself. I got it from a free trial on Audible.

Ed

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Michael Sjogren
  • Investor
  • Beverly, MA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Beverly, MA
Replied Oct 30 2015, 11:16

I agree with all the recommendations from @Jesse Lynch and @Edward B.

As far as real estate books, I would also recommend:

1. The ABCs of Real Estate Investing by Ken McElroy

2. The Book on Investing in Real Estate with No and Low Money Down by BP's own Brandon Turner

In addition, here are some of my favorite, non-real estate audible.com purchases, starting with my new favorite (totally a game-changer in my opinion)

1. Six Months to Six Figures by Peter Voogd (narrated by Peter)

2. The One Thing by Gary Keller (narrated by Gary)

3. Pitch Anything by Oren Klaff (narrated by Oren)

4. Sell or Be Sold by Grant Cardone (also narrated by Grant)

5. The Richest Man in Babylon by George Clason

6. How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie

Enjoy!