Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Multi-Family and Apartment Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Will Cruz
Votes |
SF with ADU

Will Cruz
Posted

I recently own a Single family built in 2020 that is 4bed 3.5 bath between Ewa Beach and Kapolei which I owe 770k and is worth 1.250M. I also went under contract on yet another Single family with ADU back Jan2023 and is now complete and ready to be moved into which I bought for 1.1M and is worth 1.250M. I currently rent out the 1st ADU for $2100 and the front of the house can be rented out for $4100 for a total of $6200. My payment is $3375 at 2.25% interest which leaves me a net profit of $2825. The new SF ADU will also be rented out for $2100 which my payment on that is $5450 at 5.25% interest and I will move to the front of it for now (When I move out i can rent the front of that one for $4100 for a total of 6200 minus the mortgage which is $750 dollars profit but Brand New. I have a duplex in VA beach which I net 1000k a month. My question is should I sell the new ADU and use funds as down payment for the new home or should I stay here another year and just save up for a down payment to use on the new home and keep both SF/ADU's? Is the $750 worth keeping?

Loading replies...