Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Multi-Family and Apartment Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Matt D.
  • Tennessee
Votes |
12 unit apartment complex need insurance help

Matt D.
  • Tennessee
Posted

Hey everyone,
Running into some road blocks in acquiring insurance for a 12 unit apartment complex details below. It’s a little unique, so the “regular” insurance providers won’t quote it, or the quotes I do get seem exorbitant.  Any ideas or referrals would be appreciated!

Details :
12 units total, 2 buildings on same tax/county parcel. Fully vacant, needs rehabbed. Current market value approx $250k. Market value after rehab approx $900k. Rehab estimate is $360k ($30k per unit) - this is to get it into very nice higher end condition.  Need dwelling coverage in event of fire or loss to structure, and also liability for contractors when rehabbing property. 

Once renovated would need to switch coverage to account for rental with tenants, etc. rehab time approx 6 months, maybe sooner (I hope)…

Thanks

Matt

Loading replies...