Small Multi-Family (4-10 unit) in KC, MO and Northern KC

Small Multi-Family (4-10 unit) in KC, MO and Northern KC

Rental Property Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2022 · 17 posts · 2 votes

Hello, I'm looking to connect with other investors on this topic. Does anyone invest in the KC area or northern KC such (but not limited to) Liberty, Gladstone, Claycomo, Kearny and also invest in multifamily properties? I'm having a hard time finding properties in these areas either on commercial sites such as LoopNet or on the MLS. Most properties I'm seeing are in pretty rough neighborhoods such as metro KC or Independence. I have done a triplex in the past but would like to stay away from D areas.

Thanks! 

Nick

1Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Lee RipmaPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Prairie Village, KS · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
3y
Quote from @Nick Phillips:

Hello, I'm looking to connect with other investors on this topic. Does anyone invest in the KC area or northern KC such (but not limited to) Liberty, Gladstone, Claycomo, Kearny and also invest in multifamily properties? I'm having a hard time finding properties in these areas either on commercial sites such as LoopNet or on the MLS. Most properties I'm seeing are in pretty rough neighborhoods such as metro KC or Independence. I have done a triplex in the past but would like to stay away from D areas.

Thanks! 

Nick

 @Nick Phillips

There are not a ton of MF in the northland (area you are talking about) just because it tends to be suburban and not the higher density you will find in the core of Kansas City MO. You will find duplexes and quad neighborhoods that are newer construction in the areas you are talking about. You will also find a few larger buildings, 6-10 units but they just are not that common. There are plenty of B and C areas in the KC metro outside of the northland. 

https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

Feel free to reach out if you want a few ideas on deals that are available now that may fit your criteria. 

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lee RipmaPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Prairie Village, KS · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Nick Phillips:

    Hello, I'm looking to connect with other investors on this topic. Does anyone invest in the KC area or northern KC such (but not limited to) Liberty, Gladstone, Claycomo, Kearny and also invest in multifamily properties? I'm having a hard time finding properties in these areas either on commercial sites such as LoopNet or on the MLS. Most properties I'm seeing are in pretty rough neighborhoods such as metro KC or Independence. I have done a triplex in the past but would like to stay away from D areas.

    Thanks! 

    Nick

     @Nick Phillips

    There are not a ton of MF in the northland (area you are talking about) just because it tends to be suburban and not the higher density you will find in the core of Kansas City MO. You will find duplexes and quad neighborhoods that are newer construction in the areas you are talking about. You will also find a few larger buildings, 6-10 units but they just are not that common. There are plenty of B and C areas in the KC metro outside of the northland. 

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

    Feel free to reach out if you want a few ideas on deals that are available now that may fit your criteria. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2022 · 17 posts · 2 votes
    3y

    Thanks for your response Lee!  I'm very interested in learning where are those B and C areas.  We moved to Parkville when we moved to KC and then moved over to Liberty a couple years later.  I don't know much of the area outside of just passing through.  Would be great to connect and learn more about what's available that might fit.  

  • Property Manager · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2022 · 78 posts · 24 votes
    3y

    I just helped an investor find a 4 plex in North Kansas City which is a great rental area. Rentals tend to go super fast there. Happy to help!

  • Jason MalabuteBusiness Member
    Accountant · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 901 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Nick Phillips:

    Hello, I'm looking to connect with other investors on this topic. Does anyone invest in the KC area or northern KC such (but not limited to) Liberty, Gladstone, Claycomo, Kearny and also invest in multifamily properties? I'm having a hard time finding properties in these areas either on commercial sites such as LoopNet or on the MLS. Most properties I'm seeing are in pretty rough neighborhoods such as metro KC or Independence. I have done a triplex in the past but would like to stay away from D areas.

    Thanks! 

    Nick


     yup sent you DM

    Malabute & Company CPAs525 Reviews
  • Steven MayBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2018 · 262 posts · 250 votes
    3y

    I have a quadplex in Merriam KS available if interested. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.