Boston, MA · Member since 2012 · 52 posts · 9 votes
There is condo I am looking to bid on with a original list price of $70K, and its new list price since drop is $63K. My first offer was $35.5K to see what HUD's counter is. And they countered me at $47K net to HUD which is way too much. The most I am willing to pay is $44K which is $41K net to HUD because of its value. Is there any I can call the asset mangers and see if they will accept my cash offer instead of waiting for HUD to drop the price again?
Rental Property Investor · Mercer Island, WA · Member since 2008 · 22k+ posts · 14k+ votes
13y
I'm surprised they countered at $47K. They have pretty hard and fast rules about their bottom line vs. list price, and $47K is below what I would have expected. You're just going to have to wait for another price drop.