Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Foreclosures
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
J Scott
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
Votes |
Help With HUD Offer

J Scott
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
ModeratorPosted

Hey folks,

I submitted an offer on a HUD property the other day (through HUDHomeStore.com). I've bid on HUD properties before, but have never had one accepted or countered.

I checked today, and it appears that my offer was countered at just a few hundred dollars above my offer price. I'd like to accept the counter-offer, but apparently it doesn't work that way with HUD (there is no "ACCEPT" button anywhere or any other obvious way to accept the counter-offer).

There *IS* a way for me to resubmitted a new bid right from the counter-offer page.

My guess is that it's not a true counter-offer whereby I have the option of accepting and locking up the property. Instead, it seems more like HUD is just informing me that the minimum they would consider is the counter-offer price and that by resubmitting after I got the counter-offer, my new offer is just going back into a pool of potential offers that HUD may be receiving today. In other words, even though my new bid is above the counter-offer price, the property could still go to someone else.

Does anyone here have any insight to how this actually works? Just curious so I know what to expect from here (and in the future)...

Thanks!

Loading replies...