Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Foreclosures
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
James Fisher
  • Investor
  • Morgantown, WV
Votes |
Known Foreclosure not appearing on Homepath

James Fisher
  • Investor
  • Morgantown, WV
Posted

A SFH I am interested in - which I know was foreclosed. Fannie Mae was the grantee of the homeowner's deed and several months ago ( over 6). It's now REO by Fannie Mae.

I've been following the property, however it has not been listed on Homepath and in reviewing the deed recorders office, it has not been sold.

Does it take a long time for Fannie Mae to list a property?  Something else?

User Stats

Votes
Wayne Brooks#1 Foreclosures Contributor
  • Real Estate Professional
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Professional
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Replied

Depends, some are quick some take a year. You can have an agent set up a search that alerts them the moment it gets listed.

User Stats

Votes
Noel Challenger
  • Realtor
  • Paterson, NJ
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Paterson, NJ
Replied

Hey James,

Some properties take another year after it's foreclosed on to be listed with a Realtor. It takes the bank a couple months to evict the previous homeowner and they also have to decide which asset manager they would like to hand the property off to.

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.

User Stats

Votes
James Fisher
  • Investor
  • Morgantown, WV
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Morgantown, WV
Replied

Thank you @Wayne Brooks, @Lori Greene, and @Noel Challenger

After more research, it looks like the house was part of a forced sale.  Has anyone had any success contacting the Fannie Mae officer in charge of REOs for a specific property?

Typically, in WV the foreclosure process is quite fast.  I've been involved in foreclosure sales in MD and it's taken freakin years, with the end result being the house becomes a tear down due to lack of maintenance.

User Stats

Votes
Cameron Davis
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied

I am in the same boat... I know there is a FNMA foreclosure that I would like to buy in Indianpolis, but it is not For Sale. I don't know who to contact, either.

User Stats

Votes
Brett Goldsmith
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied

Hard to know when it will be listed as a REO. I've seen homes that have been banked owned and not listed for years. Fannie Mae is a massive GSE so you'd think if the ball isn't dropped it should pop up within a year or so on the longer end.

User Stats

Votes
Phil Z.
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Orange, CT
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Orange, CT
Replied

There's no specific turn around time, though it's expected they try to sell as soon as possible.

They may be working on an eviction, or repairing/remodeling the property.

Also if the property was a Reverse Mortgage, then it will not be listed on HomePath.

If you REALLY want the property, I would contact all the HomePath agents and ask that they contact you if they get the listing.