Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Foreclosures
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Ben Gammon
  • Property Manager
  • cincinnati, OH
Votes |
HUD questions

Ben Gammon
  • Property Manager
  • cincinnati, OH
Posted Oct 25 2016, 20:14

Hey Guys! 

I'm looking at putting in a bid on a HUD property in Cincinnati as an owner occupant. The market is competitive and I missed out on a previous property. This will be my first HUD purchase. My real estate agent says that all cash deals have a leg up in the market. I have a relative that is willing to gift some cash and I can get some private money to cover the rest.

I recall a BP episode in which @Brandon Turner mentioned that he was buying  a property all cash but it almost got ruined because his cash was private money and he ended up having to take out HELOCs to save the deal. 

Can anyone tell me HUD's definition of 'all cash'? Would my scenario be an all cash purchase in the eyes of HUD? My understanding is that lenders typically ask for the last 3 months of bank statements. Does anyone know how far back HUD might look?

The purchase agreement states that I have to live in there for 12 months. However, the property has been boarded up and I'm currently out of state. I plan on relocating in the spring and will live there for 2+ years. The wording doesn't state which twelve months I am required to live there. Has anyone dealt with this? 

Can anyone recommend a home inspector in the Cincinnati area? 

Does anyone know if HUD has restrictions on me transferring title over to an LLC? I'd like to limit liability!

Thank you to anyone who can assist! 

HUD Cincinnati all cash first time home buyer gift cash Hamilton county

Loading replies...