What Terms are You Getting for Commercial Loans These Days?

What Terms are You Getting for Commercial Loans These Days?

Ori SklootPro Member
Investor · Berkeley, CA · Member since 2016 · 242 posts · 304 votes

Hi folks,

I have a property in Richmond, CA that currently has several warehouses but the zoning has been changed to high density residential. I have plans to develop 10 live/work lofts and want to get a $2.1M construction loan that will then convert into a standard loan once the property is stabilized.  

I have had some preliminary conversations with BridgeBank, Fremont Bank and Heritage Bank.   One bank said 80% loan to cost at around 5%.  Another said 65% loan to value but at 4%.   This is once the property is stabilized.  

Anyone have any info on recent commercial loans they got in the SF Bay Area and the type of rate and terms?  Any recommendations for other banks to talk with?

Thanks!

Ori

0Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Fishers, IN · Member since 2016 · 335 posts · 470 votes
5y

From a local credit union I have commitment for a step-down rate as renovations are completed. 4.25% at 80% LTV, 10 year 25AM. Once value-add is complete the rate will drop to 4%. Almost like a bridge loan (a cheap one!), but its all baked in to a 10 year fixed contract.

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Paramus, NJ · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    Really depends on the deal and the lender. Rates from 3.5%+

  • Rental Property Investor · Fishers, IN · Member since 2016 · 335 posts · 470 votes
    5y

    From a local credit union I have commitment for a step-down rate as renovations are completed. 4.25% at 80% LTV, 10 year 25AM. Once value-add is complete the rate will drop to 4%. Almost like a bridge loan (a cheap one!), but its all baked in to a 10 year fixed contract.

  • Bob LangworthyPro Member
    Accountant · Brunswick, ME · Member since 2017 · 352 posts · 242 votes
    5y

    I did a cash out refinance on an office building in May. It was with a small local lender. 3.875% fixed for 7 years on a 25 year amortization.

  • Ori SklootPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Berkeley, CA · Member since 2016 · 242 posts · 304 votes
    5y

    Thanks @Paul Shannon and @Bob Langworthy, those are great rates!   Paul I'm looking for something similar to the structure you setup with a step-down of the interest rate as work is completed.  Bob, I assume that because the office building is stabilized and that you have a rental history that you got that great rate.  Probably won't apply to us in our situation.

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 96 posts · 12 votes
    5y

    @Ori Skloot Try US Bank. I have been approved for 80% financing with 2.5% interest rate. 5 year fixed and 25 year amortizing.

  • Bob LangworthyPro Member
    Accountant · Brunswick, ME · Member since 2017 · 352 posts · 242 votes
    5y

    @Ori Skloot, that's correct. Probably add 1% for a development loan.

  • Investor · Sumter, SC · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    I just got a quote from 2 community banks this week for build to suit NNN deals. 85% of construction cost interest only at 4% on construction loans.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.