Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Commercial Real Estate Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Michael Lee
Pro Member
Votes |
Six-Plex Purchase in Watertown, NY

Michael Lee
Pro Member
Posted

I'm looking to buy a six-plex property in Watertown, NY, priced at $425k. The downpayment is 25%, with the seller financing 60% of that and me covering the remaining 40%. Each unit has three bedrooms. Does anyone have recommendations for a good commercial lender?

• Michael Lee
  • User Stats

Votes
    Denver McClure
    Pro Member
    • Financial Advisor
    • Dallas, TX
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    • Financial Advisor
    • Dallas, TX
    Replied

Hey @Michael Lee, we just completed another six-plex loan in NY last month with similar terms for our client. I'll send you a PM. 

• Denver McClure
  • User Stats

Votes
    Simmy Ahluwalia
    Pro Member
    • Lender
    • Atlanta, GA
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    • Lender
    • Atlanta, GA
    Replied

@Michael Lee - How is the DP 25% if you are responsible for the 40%?

• Simmy Ahluwalia
  • BiggerPockets logo
    BiggerPockets
    |
    Sponsored
    Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
    Erik Estrada
    Lender
    • Lender
    Votes |
    Lender
    • Lender
    Replied
    Quote from @Michael Lee:

I'm looking to buy a six-plex property in Watertown, NY, priced at $425k. The downpayment is 25%, with the seller financing 60% of that and me covering the remaining 40%. Each unit has three bedrooms. Does anyone have recommendations for a good commercial lender?

I am confused on what you need. But if you are using seller financing and a regular CRE loan, the seller will need to be comfortable subordinating. The max leverage you can go on a deal like this is 90% CLTV

User Stats

Votes
    Michael Lee
    Pro Member
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    Replied

The seller and I have mutually terminated the contract. Unfortunately, there was an undisclosed leak issue that my inspector uncovered, which the seller was supposed to fix. However, it has taken a long time to resolve, and ultimately, we both decided it was best to let the contract go. Thank you all for your support and advice during this process.

• Michael Lee