Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Commercial Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Ali S.
  • Investor
Votes |
Small Mixed Use Building Next Steps

Ali S.
  • Investor
Posted Jun 5 2024, 13:22

Hi All, Looking for a little advice here in terms of next steps and strategy. I've identified a small mixed use building I'd like to purchase. It is three apartments, a store front, and two shops/studios. I have put together budgets and started a business plan. The apartments will require about $40k to bring all three up to rentable condition. One is currently rented. I have an option to take over owner carried financing of the building  that the previous owner has set up with the owner before them. But there would still be about $200k for me to come up with. I can put some money down, but I want to stay under $50k at absolute most and prefer to put down as little as possible. I have good personal credit (~730-740), average-high personal debt (mortgage, student loans, vehicles,) and I am employed making $90k/year. I am looking for help identifying the best path forward in general and next steps. I have rehabbed three residences and flipped them as house hacks, but never purchased a building like this one that as purely an investment, so would love help on strategy and specifics. 

Loading replies...