Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Commercial Real Estate Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Mariana Kurko
Votes |
Guidance on unique commercial/residential property

Mariana Kurko
Posted

Hello! I am looking for advice and ideas on a home I have that is a zoned business.

It is two lots separated by a shared private road. The lots can not be sold separately. One lot has the home I am living in. The other lot is empty with terraced gardens and has mountain views. The property sits between two good quality hotels off of a busy highway. There is significant noise pollution on the entire property but also has fantastic mountain views and mature trees in east Asheville and by a major commercial zone. I had hoped this land could be both my personal home and an investment but after being there some time the sound pollution is too much for me. I don't know if I should rent out the house and hold it for several years, BRRR the house and sell it in a year or so, try and build a business on the additional lot, or try and find a commercial property investor to sell it all. Any ideas welcome and what type of real estate consultant could I look for to help me analyse my options?

Thanks in advance!

Loading replies...