Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Commercial Real Estate Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes

Iowa Laundromat Selling

Posted

My family is looking to sell our laundromat in Southwestern Iowa, we have 22 washers & 16 dryers. We do drop off and pick up laundry, for those who need to be elsewhere. Attached onto the building is also a 3 bay car wash. Near Omaha, Nebraska. Just starting this process, but are their agent who simply deal with laundromats… or should we deal with a business broker?

Thank you for your help!

User Stats

Votes
Matt Morgan
  • Investor
  • Papillion, NE
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Papillion, NE
Replied

I would start with a commercial real estate agent.  Not sure they’ll understand how to price the equipment though, but hopefully they’ll have contacts to provide you.

On another note, why are you guys selling?  Is your family interested in financing the deal?  

User Stats

Votes
Jared Hottle
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cedar falls IA Waterloo, IA
Votes |
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cedar falls IA Waterloo, IA
Replied

Nice man. I am in Northeast Iowa and know a little about laundrymats and car washes

BiggerPockets logo
PassivePockets is here!
|
BiggerPockets
Find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Alan Strong
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Omaha Ne
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Omaha Ne
Replied

Usually you will want to engage both a real estate broker and a business broker. I work with some top business brokers to establish real estate values and they establish business value. Then together take it to market depending on what that research shows and client needs. I am licensed broker in Nebraska and Iowa. Happy to discuss 

• Alan Strong
  • User Stats

Votes
    Replied

Hi Matthew

I own and operate quite a few laundromats in the region.  Would love to chat.