Rental Property Investor · Montgomery County · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 9 votes
So, my neighbor has came up me and said that he would like to sell his property to me.
He is aware that I am an investor.
I am just not sure about the steps/transfer/legal actions that would need to be taken because I have always went through a Real Estate Agent for my other five transactions.
Did some google searching, but nothing that helped answer my questions.
Assuming you aren't doing anything interesting in your purchase...
Download a standardized purchase contract for your state. Fill it out, both of you sign, take it to a title company with a check for your earnest money and congratulations you're in escrow.
Rental Property Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2018 · 73 posts · 35 votes
6y
I would strongly recommend hiring an attorney to assist you. This way, you can make changes to the agreement to favor your interest in the transaction. It's well worth the $500 to protect your interest.