• New to Real Estate
  • Porterville, CA
Votes |
Pre-foreclosure experience anyone??

Corey Barnes
  • New to Real Estate
  • Porterville, CA
Posted Aug 14 2020, 21:11

Essentially, the previous owner has passed on, His family is in a distressed financial situation. The previous owner passed without a will or trust, so the property is intestate.

The family couldn't afford a probate attorney, and didn't understand the process, so they were going to let the home go to the bank, for a tiny mortgage.   What I need to know, is if anyone has ever stopped the foreclosure process by making an anonymous payment, it's behind 4100.00 reported March 2020, And I want to know if anyone has stopped the process successfully.

I've hired a probate attorney to start the process and send a letter of Forbearance, but it could be 6 months until the process completes.  I'm being put forward as the administrator, and will be able to work with the mortgage company then, but want to know if I can do anything now before we lose the Moratorium, I can make the payment assuming 5500.00 for additional penalties, but don't want to flush money down the toilet, the probate attorney is already a be

Any Help is appreciated

Loading replies...