California - Lenders for SFR Investments

California - Lenders for SFR Investments

Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 3 votes
BP,

Where would one begin to look, in search of a lender for investment property? And, is it possible to obtain financing for investment property without an initial 20%+ down payment?

Background: I purchased my first home a few years ago and had been house hacking since day one. The rents cover roughly 40% of everything on a monthly basis (P&I, insurance, utilities, property tax) and the remaining 60% is from me. Net equity isn't >20% but the job and rents are stable, so it's just a waiting game.

My personal cash flow and DTI is decent enough to where I believe I can get another mortgage for another piece of property - and ideally have it generate rents to cover the majority of expenses, or better. The only things I have on my side are personal cash flow, credit score (800+), and DTI/lack of any debt aside from the mortgage. The only debilitating factor is the >20% down payment.
0Reply
18 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Twana RasoulBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · San Diego, CA · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Jonathan Ko I can recommend a great one if you are buying in SoCal.  Send me a PM and I'd be happy to share.  I've noticed quite a few different types of loan products that used to exist recently are no longer offered so it would be good to talk to a lender to see what options you have currently.  some loans you could get earlier this year are no longer offered by most or all lenders.

    Best of luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.