Pennsylvania Real Estate Transfer Tax On Subto

Pennsylvania Real Estate Transfer Tax On Subto

Specialist · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2017 · 54 posts · 12 votes

I can't seem to figure out the transfer tax when recording a Quit-claim deed. The purchase was subject to the mortgage and it appears to fall under the confirmatory deed rules which makes it tax-exempt. The coronavirus has closed the office so the advice is limited. Is anyone familiar with the PA transfer tax when purchasing subject to a mortgage?

0Reply
23 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Attorney · Nashville, TN · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Jonah Wilson

    You will generally need to pay the realty transfer tax based on the last sale price or the assessed value. Quitclaim deeds generally do not qualify as a correctional or confirmatory deed. Those are for situation where there is some kind of "scrivener" error (i.e. typos). 

    Disclaimer: While I’m an attorney licensed to practice in PA, I’m not your attorney. What I wrote above does not create an attorney/client relationship between us. I wrote the above for informational purposes. Do not rely on it for legal advice. Always consult with your attorney before you rely on the above information.

  • Specialist · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2017 · 54 posts · 12 votes
    6y

    Thanks Chris K.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.