Please help me to run a numbers for a deal (loan, HOA, rent)
Member since 2019 · 22 posts · 0 votes
I'm planning to buy a property in the Bay Area (Danville, Concord, Richmond area). If something happens in my life and I would need to move out after some time.
I'm trying to calculate all numbers, that rent will cover monthly payments.
I used this mortgage calculator:
https://www.bankrate.com/calculators/mortgages/mortgage-calculator.aspx
Create a spreadsheet where I put all info (property tax, prop management fee, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spread...
Please correct me If I missed something. In the case of 20 years loan, monthly payments would be able to cover all expenses. What would you include as well?
Thanks in advance
1| Downpayment | 48000 | ||
| Loan | 192000 | ||
| Condo (2 bath, 1 bedroom) | 240000 | ||
| Monthly payment | Loan amount | Principal and Interest | |
| Rent per month | 2300 | ||
| Property management (Comission 8%, Vacancy rate 8%) | 184 | ||
| 20 years loan - Monthly Payment (HOA, Prop Tax, Interest) | 1809 | 240000 | 267120 |
| 15 years loan - Monthly Payment (HOA, Prop Tax, Interest) | 2068 | 240000 | 202320 |
| Property tax (Concord - 0.871%) | 174.2 | ||
| Insurance (Lemonade) | 25 | ||
| HOA fees | 500 | ||
| Principal and Interest (15 years) | 1124 | ||
| Principal and Interest (20 years) | 1113 |