Votes
Amanda Webb
  • Burbank, CA
Votes |
Big Bear Vacation Rental

Amanda Webb
  • Burbank, CA
Posted Aug 17 2019, 18:43

I’ve noticed a lot of threads in the past discussing short term rentals in Big Bear, but many of them are from a few years ago and there have been updated city ordinances since then, so thought it best to start a new thread.

My husband and I have been looking for a rental in Big Bear for a couple of years now and are finally ready to buy. We live in Burbank so would be managing it ourselves from afar via Airbnb. That said, I know new ordinances have been put into place that there must now be a designated in person check-in person to meet your renters as well as a designated 24/7 complaint response person who resides within 15 miles of Big Bear. This seems as though it would make short term rentals more difficult for people managing them.

My question is, are there people who offer the service of being an in-person check in person as well as a 24/7 complaint response person that you can pay? Do some husband/wife cleaning and maintenance services offer this now? Is it expensive, and would a vacation rental in Big Bear still be a good ROI?

In addition, could you technically designate a 24/7 response person who lives 15 miles away but you still be the person they call for things that don’t require someone to show up in person?

I was just looking on Airbnb the other day and noticed several Big Bear listings still have self check in keypads advertised. Are these people just outwardly breaking the law and advertising it? How do they get away with it? 

Is it still worth it to invest in a VR? Any advice would be much appreciated!

Loading replies...