Delinquent Tax List San Antonio Bexar County

Delinquent Tax List San Antonio Bexar County

San Antonio, TX · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 0 votes

I am thinking about requesting the delinquent tax list from Bexar County Tax Office (or its appraisal district). Anyone has experience obtaining the list? 

  • Where or who should I request it from?
  • How much does each item cost? 
  • Does the list work well here in San Antonio?
  • How about the code violation list?

Thanks,

Sean

0Reply
253 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 4 votes
7y

Sean

Bexar County's (along with several other TX counties) list can be found here:  http://taxsales.lgbs.com/

You can also go to Linebarger's offices downtown and purchase a paper copy of the list for $5 cash.  It will sometimes give you a little extra info regarding other liens that may be attached to the property.

I think a lot of your questions can be answered under their FAQ (http://taxsales.lgbs.com/faqs?state=texas)

How much a property sells for varies from property to property and month to month.  There is a minimum bid amount that is set for each property based on the past due taxes and attorney's fees.  There can be deals to be had from time to time - you just need to do a lot of due diligence.

Go downtown next Tuesday and check it out.  It's an interesting experience.

I am not sure on the current process for code violations list as it's been about 10 years since I last requested it.  Please post here or DM me if you have any luck.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    Sean

    Bexar County's (along with several other TX counties) list can be found here:  http://taxsales.lgbs.com/

    You can also go to Linebarger's offices downtown and purchase a paper copy of the list for $5 cash.  It will sometimes give you a little extra info regarding other liens that may be attached to the property.

    I think a lot of your questions can be answered under their FAQ (http://taxsales.lgbs.com/faqs?state=texas)

    How much a property sells for varies from property to property and month to month.  There is a minimum bid amount that is set for each property based on the past due taxes and attorney's fees.  There can be deals to be had from time to time - you just need to do a lot of due diligence.

    Go downtown next Tuesday and check it out.  It's an interesting experience.

    I am not sure on the current process for code violations list as it's been about 10 years since I last requested it.  Please post here or DM me if you have any luck.

  • Wholesaler, Rehabber and Landlord · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    I think @Sean Li is looking for properties that are behind, but not yet going to the tax sale.

    I have done the list here and there. These days, there are lots more options for people. Lots of tax loan companies are marketing to them also. They will give a loan to just about anybody so there is not so big of a motivation for the homeowner to sell.

    With that said, I still buy a few here and there. It should be one of many ways that you are trying to find deals, not the only way. Tax assessor-collector is the place to get the list. They sell it on a CD. It has a funky format. You do have to play with it quite a bit.

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Matt Sandidge

    I really appreciate your detailed interpretation. Due diligence is my favorite work, though I sometimes may spent excessive amount time on it. I will let you know how the code violation list goes.

    @Rick Pozos

    Thank you rick. Yes, I am aiming at the stressed sellers before it gets to the auction, hoping to stay away from fierce competition and the game I have no experience with. I am also trying driving for dollar as another resources of leads. I subscribed your blog weeks early and will make to your monthly meeting.

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Rick Pozos Do you mind recommending an investor friendly escrow company in town? -Thanks and Happy Holiday

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6y

    Sean: I tried to put my friend Lori Kaspar here, but it would not let me. Apparently I cannot send phone numbers or email address. I've been working with Lori for over 10 years plus she is my friend. She closes my loans for me. she is off of 3009 in Schertz at First American

  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6y

    Great info @Kelli O'Connor!! I'm looking for an investor friendly title company as well, so could I give her a call?

  • Handyman · Member since 2018 · 31 posts · 7 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Matt Sandidge:

    Sean

    Bexar County's (along with several other TX counties) list can be found here:  http://taxsales.lgbs.com/

    You can also go to Linebarger's offices downtown and purchase a paper copy of the list for $5 cash.  It will sometimes give you a little extra info regarding other liens that may be attached to the property.

    I think a lot of your questions can be answered under their FAQ (http://taxsales.lgbs.com/faqs?state=texas)

    How much a property sells for varies from property to property and month to month.  There is a minimum bid amount that is set for each property based on the past due taxes and attorney's fees.  There can be deals to be had from time to time - you just need to do a lot of due diligence.

    Go downtown next Tuesday and check it out.  It's an interesting experience.

    I am not sure on the current process for code violations list as it's been about 10 years since I last requested it.  Please post here or DM me if you have any luck.


     Hello! Do you know where to find the tax delinquent land list? thank you

  • Rental Property Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    3y

    Houses and land are all on the same list.  You just have to check the appraisal district site and see if there is a house on it or not.

  • Spring Branch, TX · Member since 2021 · 8 posts · 5 votes
    3y

    311 has a map of code violations but not real easy to use. Here's a link.

    https://311.sanantonio.gov/recent-requests

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.