Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Buying & Selling Real Estate
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Cal C.
  • Investor
  • Peachtree Corners, GA
Votes |
Zillow sold my phone number!

Cal C.
  • Investor
  • Peachtree Corners, GA
Posted

I basically quit posting on here a few years ago because I seriously don’t like the current format, but I felt compelled to write this post .  I have a property that has appreciated nicely but needs a good bit of work (~$8,000) to go on the market.  Anyway, I called Zillow to see if they would buy it as is. They gave me an official offer with the caveat they would have to inspect the property.  After ten days they finally sent an inspector out.  Six days later I received a final offer below what I was willing to accept.  I tried to negotiate to no avail. I should add they had planned the closing for 6 December at least seven weeks after I first contacted them.

Since terminating the discussion I have received phone calls soliciting selling some of my properties from random buyers/wholesalers about several of my properties not just the one I offered to Zillow.  Previously to contacting Zillow I had never gotten an unsolicited phone call or text about selling any of my properties.  

Please be aware of this if you plan on contacting Zillow about selling your property.

Loading replies...