A victim of my own success
So, not many years ago I decided that I was going to break the corporate bonds. I wasn't going to be a slave to "the man" my entire life. I wanted to generate enough passive income to be free once and for all. I discovered bigger pockets, bought some books and I began buying rentals.
Without providing a long drawn out explanation of my positions, just know that I have three 4 unit buildings now, a total of 12 units, all excellent deals, all cash flowing. I get to keep a little over 50% of rental income each month after mortgages, bills and repairs. I can survive on my own without a job now if I want but I'm certainly not going to be living high on the hog if I do.
So now I'm ready to make the next step. I want to grow beyond covering all my bills and having a little spending money. I want to push it to rich af levels. The problem that I'm running into is I don't know which direction to go.
Scenario #1:
I recently found a deal for a 22 unit building that I'd have more than 25% down for if I did a 1031 exchange with two of my current buildings. This would take me from 12 units to 26.
The problems with this plan are
1. I've never done a 1031 exchange so I have no idea how to
2. I don't know if I'd even qualify for a loan
3. I'm not sure the building will still be for sale long enough for me to sell these two buildings
Scenario #2
I keep saving until I have enough for another downpayment on another four family and continue to rinse and repeat this for years. The issue I run into here are limits on how many mortgages I can have in my name from various banks.
Scenario #3
???? I'm open for suggestions
It seems like the more successful I become with rentals the harder it gets to buy them each time. It seems like I'm reaching a point where if I don't just have enough cash to buy the building outright, it's not going to happen.
So my question is, has anyone else experienced this? I can't be the only person having initial capital issues.