Seller Financing Promissory Note and Deed of Trust?

Seller Financing Promissory Note and Deed of Trust?

Residential Redeveloper · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 26 posts · 6 votes

Hello,

I'm currently in the process of negotiating a deal with a seller using seller financing (in Texas). However, I have never structured a deal that did not involve a hard money or conventional lending. Can anyone please advise how would go about obtaining a template Promissory Note and Deed of Trust to close on these types of deals or at least point me in the right direction? I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Greg

0Reply
21 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    9y

    Here I open escrow at a title co.  They have attorney's they use to draft these docs that do it all the time.  The extra cost to get it done right is usually only about $300.

    Then I use a contract servicing dept at a local bank.  They hold all original docs, electronically take my payment and get to the seller, do the amort schedule and annual interest reporting.  Maybe a local bank does that in your area.  Your title co should know.

    Good luck @Greg Shyne.  Done right, seller financing can be amazing!

  • Residential Redeveloper · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 26 posts · 6 votes
    9y

    Thank you very much! I'll definitely look into that. I think it would definitely be worth the extra cost to make sure it's done right. 

  • Investor · Charleston, SC · Member since 2011 · 606 posts · 413 votes
    9y

    Get a PSA signed by both parties spelling out the price, amount down and terms of the seller finance note and then get a title company to draft up the note and deed of trust and go to closing.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.