The I buy houses strategy HELP

The I buy houses strategy HELP

Rego Park, NY · Member since 2016 · 47 posts · 2 votes

After reading into this strategy, I am starting to like it. So I've been thinking of trying a low cost campaign to do what happens. 

Posting up in laundromats, posting in houses I have seen looking out of shape, then from there I'll look into a list service.

So I know the advantage is no broker, motivated sellers.

But what are some disadvantages, or things I should take into consideration.

Now here's the part where I'm clueless. Let's say everything goes smooth and I get a call from a motivated seller. How do I determine the value? Myself using comps? Do you hire an inspector and appraiser before making an offer? It seems expensive to be doing this a lot.

Or do you just tell them up front 'I'll buy it at 20%' discount all cash.

Or is it more of a mix, you lowball a worst case and offer that.

Any experienced or knowledgeable direct mail users I would love your 2 cents on this.

0Reply
5 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.