Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Buying & Selling Real Estate
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Rich Ferradino
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
Medina County, Bandera TX

Rich Ferradino
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Posted

Does anyone have experience buying around Medina County or Bandera, TX. I've seen some really good deals around the northern part of Medina Lake, but not sure how slow or desirable that market is. I seen a lot of new construction SFH in Mico, TX but that's closer to San Antonio.

User Stats

Votes
Eva Dees
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Austin, TX
Replied

@Rich Ferradino I see no one replied to this post from 4 years ago, but yours was the first that came up when I searched "Medina". I am currently in Pennsylvania but plan on moving to Central Texas in a couple months to be closer to family. I have family all over Texas but mainly near Brownwood Lake and Big Spring. I've been window shopping lake and river properties from Dallas to Big Spring to San Antonio to Austin for a couple months as I would prefer to purchase on or near water even if I have to drive a couple hours to visit family. My mid-long term plan for the property would be to use it as a vacation rental on weekends and then full time once I move on to another property. Did you ever end up buying anything near Medina or any other properties close to water anywhere in Texas and of so, do you have any insight (good RE agents, lenders, etc...)? I see you invest in mobile homes which is also an avenue I am interested in. Thank You!!

User Stats

Votes
Rich Ferradino
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied

No I didn't buy anything near Medina, but I've been having alot of success by Spring Branch/ Canyon Lake. Since your looking for water access I'd look into that area. Way better than Medina Lake. 

BiggerPockets logo
Network With Property Managers
|
BiggerPockets
Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!

User Stats

Votes
Eva Dees
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Austin, TX
Replied

@Rich Ferradino Thanks for the tip. I will definitely start looking around there!

User Stats

Votes
Troy Jaster
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied

@Eva Dees I sent you a PM yesterday. Though my house is on Medina, I also know Canyon and the GBRA lakes very well so I can walk you through the good and bad of each. I’ve sold several homes in the Spring Branch area too.

User Stats

Votes
Eva Dees
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Austin, TX
Replied

@Troy Jaster Awesome! Yes I definitely want to connect. I will respond to your message directly. Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Stone Saathoff
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied

Would have to agree with @Rich Ferradino. If you're considering an area near San Antonio on a lake or waterfront, Canyon Lake has been exploding lately. I have personally handled a few single family and duplex deals in that area in the last couple months, they received a ton of interest.