Moving to Vallejo - N. California - Market?

Moving to Vallejo - N. California - Market?

Rental Property Investor · Gig Harbor, WA · Member since 2015 · 88 posts · 43 votes

Hello! 

My husband and I may be leaving Idaho for Northern California. He'll be going to Cal Maritime for 4 years, located in Vallejo, CA. We are just getting into real estate investing here in Idaho. And are looking in buying a multi family while we are there for 4 years in to live in to bring in some passive income. 

We've never been there (heading there in April to check it out) and don't know that market / area at all. We will be moving there in August 2016.

Here are my questions: 

- What are good / safe areas around Vallejo? From what I've looked up it seems like crime rates are high. 

- Is it worth investing in this market? from what I've heard CA. market is inflated. Or would it be better to rent? If so what areas? 

- Any suggestions for realtors in the area that are well versed in investment real estate? 

- Any tips at all would be helpful. 


Thanks! 

Carly 

0Reply
16 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Benicia, CA · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    Hi Carly,

    I would recommend living in Benicia, which is a 15 minute commute to Cal Maritime. Very safe there, great schools. PM me, and I can give you my phone number, would be happy to help

    Elaine Bonini

  • Real Estate Agent · Fairfield, CA · Member since 2015 · 26 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    Hi Carly,

    I am an agent/ investor in Solano County.

    As far as small multifamily, Vallejo has most of this asset class. Some also in Fairfield which is half an hour drive from Vallejo.

    Running a list of solds on MLS from the last 6 months for Vallejo shows the lowest of $175,000 to a high of $509,000. Median price is $311,819. These include all 2-4 unit properties.

    Rental rates can vary drastically based on location from around $900 to $1600. At least that is what the listing agents were advertising in their listings.

    Hope this gives you some insight.

    Cheers.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.