Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 72 posts · 12 votes
I've been a real estate agent in Chicago for just about a year now and have focused my energy on residential sales/purchases. Prior to working in real estate, I worked a lot in the restaurant industry here in Chicago (bartending/serving) and have come to know many successful restauranteurs.
My question is the following: What would you recommend be my first steps to take to really dive deep into this sort of real estate?
The "advantage" I have, in my opinion, is that I have a very good idea of what spaces would fit a good restaurant or bar and I also have the potential client base (or can find it). What I don't have any clue about is how to analyze a good deal, find places that aren't on the MLS, and lack the knowledge in regards to the whole process. I understand that this is a vague description of what I'm looking to get into but hopefully it starts up a conversation so we can all pitch in. Thank you very much!
Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 72 posts · 12 votes
11y
@Nickbritton At the moment what I'd like to do is help potential clients find and purchase their own spaces. Once I get more well-versed with the system I'd like to own them myself, however as I'm only 1 year in the real estate world I am not able to get a loan for another year (2yrs of 1099s). I have one very serious restauranteur that is currently looking for spaces and doesn't have someone to help him find them so this contact would be a great starting point in my opinion.