Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Buying & Selling Real Estate
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Danny Woodson
  • Detroit, MI
Votes |
should i keep my partner?

Danny Woodson
  • Detroit, MI
Posted

right now i have a partner who is the money guy and he knows the repair estimates.  i find the deals and we split it 50/50.   doesnt get much better than that for a somewhat new investor. The thing is, he has other things going on for him (other jobs).

he funds my marketing campaign as well.

i send him these deals and he doesnt look at them because he says he is to busy.

the other day i sent him a deal and it had great profit. i sent it to him (right in his city) and he never responded.  i told him we need to check it out soon. still no response.  the following week it is under contract.....

i cant afford to keep missing these deals. i am doing this full time and am not sure how i should manuever this obstacle...

should i bail on my partner and find a new one? i've tried talking to him once and apparently that didnt work too well. 

User Stats

Votes
Braden C.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Florida
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Florida
Replied

@Danny Woodson

Are you wholesaling these deals or doing fix-and-flips?

User Stats

Votes
Kim Giannola
  • Investor
  • New Britain, CT
Votes |
  • Investor
  • New Britain, CT
Replied

I think you need to have proper and lengthy conversation with your partner.  Try to schedule a block of time to tell him how you are losing out on deals due to his response time.  Ask him if he really wants to be in this with you.  If yes, then maybe you should schedule periodic phone/web meetings to review deals with him.  He may need you to spoon feed him the data at set times because he is failing to manage reviewing deals on his own time.

How many deals have you two partnered on?  Maybe you should start shopping around for other partners so you have multiple people to call upon when a good deal pops up.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Danny Woodson
  • Detroit, MI
Votes |
  • Detroit, MI
Replied

@Kim Giannola

thanks kim, guess thats what i gotta do.   i tried poking around talking to a few investors but i feel like im kind of back stabbing him by going behind his back.

@Braden C.

fix and flip