Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Buying & Selling Real Estate
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Anoop Kartha
Pro Member
Votes |
Short Term Rentals - Boise

Anoop Kartha
Pro Member
Posted

Hello All, what are desirable locations / zip codes in Boise for investments in short term rentals / airbnb friendly investments ? Exploring real estate  opportunities there. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied

Hi Anoop,

If you're looking for the best areas in Boise for short-term rental investments, I’d recommend focusing on two spots, these are the ones I see come up more frequently for investors: Downtown Boise and North End (a bit more residential but still near popular spots like Hyde Park.

Good luck,

Jackson

User Stats

Votes
Replied
Quote from @Anoop Kartha:

Hello All, what are desirable locations / zip codes in Boise for investments in short term rentals / airbnb friendly investments ? Exploring real estate  opportunities there. 

Ditto on the North End. Also the "West End" (nobody used to call it that but I think they do now), residential area east of 27th and south of State I imagine would be prime STR location too.

Garden City is formerly the trashiest area of Boise, and very rapidly on its way to becoming one of the hippest. It's already well in motion, and 5-10 years it will be even more cemented. Just about anything North of Chinden and East of Veteran's Parkway. The closer to the river the better, obviously. The very coolest spot is centered around 35th/34th next to the river.

Also look into the bench area between Vista and Latah (crossroad Rose Hill-ish). It's all old cottages that can be really cute when redone, and the location is fantastic, right between the airport and a skip and hop to the river and downtown.

You might also look into some more "boring" options, I've heard there's new suburbs happening behind the airport, and look out to the suburbs nearer to Micron, etc as well.

AirDNA should give you plenty of good data as well. I wouldn't be investing in any new city without spending a lot of time on that site first.

BiggerPockets logo
Network With Property Managers
|
BiggerPockets
Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!

User Stats

Votes
Garrett Brown
Pro Member
#5 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
#5 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Houston, TX
Replied

I would use AirDNA and "the enemy method" to see the most successful STRs in the area. Look into listings on Airbnb and dive into their data. I have heard Boise was cracking down on permitting, so make sure you can meet all licensing requirements and that you are in an area zoned for this type of use. 

User Stats

Votes
Anoop Kartha
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied

Thank you all ! This is VERY VERY helpful !