Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Buying & Selling Real Estate
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Vivek Kumar
Votes |
investment properties in kyle, TX

Vivek Kumar
Posted Jul 28 2024, 14:21

i was exploring and saw some of the neighborhoods in kyle, Tx has school ratings like 8 and brand new houses in the range of 300K with potential rents at $2200 per month so overall making them cash flow positive. 

however, i am not sure why Kyle is a popular place. it is mid way between austin and san antonio but that does not seem to be a strong enough reason. 

User Stats

Votes
Neil Narayan
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jul 29 2024, 10:06

I see a lot of investors flocking to Kyle right now due to the price points. I just bought one there myself. I think the biggest negative right now is the amount rentals in the area as the investor focus has moved to this area now. Kyle has a lot of development underway as their mayor is very progressive and has been pushing multiple initiatives to attract business and growth (including tesla) 

User Stats

Votes
Jason Sousa
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jul 29 2024, 12:59
Quote from @Vivek Kumar:

i was exploring and saw some of the neighborhoods in kyle, Tx has school ratings like 8 and brand new houses in the range of 300K with potential rents at $2200 per month so overall making them cash flow positive. 

however, i am not sure why Kyle is a popular place. it is mid way between austin and san antonio but that does not seem to be a strong enough reason. 

Kyle is on FIRE! I live there and invest and in my opinion the cities investment, constant development and growth are showing dividends for investors. Our neighbor Buda is stagnant in my opinion. If you need a real estate guide I would be thrilled to help. 

BiggerPockets logo
Network With Property Managers
|
BiggerPockets
Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Rizzo
  • Texas
Votes |

Austin Business Journal and others have been predicting that the San Antonio --> Austin corridor will become the next biggest metroplex over the next decade. Room to build, highway connections, influx of opportunity. There's a lot of indicators that are pointing this direction. Kyle sits right in that pathway. 

User Stats

Votes
Gregory Schwartz
Agent
  • Rental Property Investor
  • College Station, TX
Votes |
Agent
  • College Station, TX
Replied Jul 29 2024, 13:40

Shameless plug:

You can hit those numbers all day here in Bryan / College Station TX. Better schools and the economy is backed by the 2nd largest university in the nation along with a growing tech and manufacturing sector. 

User Stats

Votes
Blake Anthony Carter
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jul 30 2024, 11:03

Kyle is set for big time growth!

User Stats

Votes
Aaron Gordy
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jul 30 2024, 11:13

Kyle has grown from 5k to 63k in a 20 year period of time. That is a large amount of growth. Here is an article in the austin business journal talking about the redevelopment/development of the downtown area of Kyle. It sure does seem that the corridor between San Antonio and Austin will be eventually developed. https://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2024/07/29/austin-su...

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 28 2024, 12:47

Kyle is growing super fast but SFRs seem to sit vacant for months. Rents have flattened and even decreased. Just my observation. I just bought an SFR home in New Braunfels and it's been slow go there as well.

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Bui
  • Midwest
Votes |
  • Midwest
Replied Aug 28 2024, 13:55

Are you sure it would be cash flow positive? Its not even close to the 1% rule. Also got to think about maintenance which most investors set aside 15-20% of the rent just in case.

User Stats

Votes
Vivek Kumar
Votes |
Replied Aug 28 2024, 17:07
Quote from @Joseph Bui:

Are you sure it would be cash flow positive? Its not even close to the 1% rule. Also got to think about maintenance which most investors set aside 15-20% of the rent just in case.

Well will break even based on numbers I got