Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Buying & Selling Real Estate
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes

What is the best way to sell my property?

Posted

Hi, I have started flipping houses not long ago but I think the hardest part for me is finding buyers. 

The property is listed in a good price and could bring up to 20% ROI but I'm still having trouble finding buyers.

What is the best way to find investors looking to purchase turnkey properties? 

User Stats

Votes
Lindsey Mannix
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Woodland Park, CO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Woodland Park, CO
Replied

Hi Gabrielle,

Are you listing your homes with one of the preferred agents here through BP? Or a local RE agent in your area? That would be my #1 rec, I know I'm biased as an agent myself, but what you pay an agent to sell your properties for you, is worth it if you have a good one!

~ Lindsey

User Stats

Votes
Mohammed Rahman
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • New York, NY
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • New York, NY
Replied

Hey @Gabrielle Kremerman - I'm an investor and broker based in NYC/Long Island. 

There are a few things to come to mind after reading your post, as I noticed its lacking more details. 

To assume the simplest thing and answer your question: if you're having a hard time attracting buyers, its likely the property is overpriced for its current condition/location/overall etc. 

To take things a step further: 

1. It could be you're not marketing it well enough, it may be time to hire a broker. Or fire your current broker and try someone else. 

2. Could also be that you've remodeled too much for that area. I notice this as a common mistake I see a lot of new investors/flippers make. If the property is located in a B area, you can't expect to put in A+ fixtures and sell it for an A+ price.... you can't remodel out of a neighborhood. 

3. Are you sure there isn't anything that you may have missed? It could be random things like the 4th of July holiday that meant no one was out looking at homes. Could also be that buyers are finding better deals in the same neighborhood. 

Many other things come to mind but I hope this was at least a little helpful. 

BiggerPockets logo
PassivePockets is here!
|
BiggerPockets
Find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
#2 Innovative Strategies Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 Innovative Strategies Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied
Quote from @Gabrielle Kremerman:

Hi, I have started flipping houses not long ago but I think the hardest part for me is finding buyers. 

The property is listed in a good price and could bring up to 20% ROI but I'm still having trouble finding buyers.

What is the best way to find investors looking to purchase turnkey properties? 

IF the props nets 20% buyers are the easy part. Just post the prop in the local FB forums, it will be gone in a day, IF your numbers are correct . What market ? 

Good luck

User Stats

Votes
Verna Littleton
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Memphis, TN
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Memphis, TN
Replied

Do the numbers make sense?  What's the rehab look like? Find investor friendly agents.  They usually have a pool of investor buyers.  Have the agent look over the deal to see why it isnt selling.  Good luck!