Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Alvaro Tlachi
Votes |
Sell or Keep?

Alvaro Tlachi
Posted Jun 25 2024, 08:11

Hi everyone!

My fiance and I own a property in south Everett WA. We purchased it in November 2020 right before the pandemic at a purchase price of $330,000, a 3 bed 2 bath with a detached garage that was converted into a small room. We have a 2.75% 30yr mortgage with a $1,880/mo payment. We are currently renting the house out by the room (furnished) and on average bringing in about $2,700/mo in revenue. The home is currently now worth about $525,000 due to the rapid appreciation we all encountered during the pandemic and we believe rent is pretty much capped for the area (class C area). We have started to think about selling the property and using the proceeds to buy another home in a more desirable area where we believe market and rent appreciation has greater potential for growth. Although the idea sounds great on paper, I can not get over the fact that the property is cash flowing so well even though market and rent appreciation has dramatically slowed. 

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can run the numbers on this option so that when a decision is made, it is backed up by numbers? We currently do not have a home selected IF we were to sell but we are thinking the Lake Stevens/Snohomish or Cashmere/Peshastin area if possible. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much!

Loading replies...