Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Buying & Selling Real Estate
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes

User Stats

Votes
Ty Coutts
Lender
  • Lender
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
Replied

Hi Ashwin,

I do not personally know about this area, but I can give you some insight on how to go about finding out: 

Investing in properties near I-44 around 63rd and Kelley in Oklahoma City requires careful consideration of neighborhood dynamics, rental demand, and property condition. Begin by assessing the area's overall appeal, including factors like crime rates, school quality, and amenities. Properties in this location may vary in age and upkeep, impacting maintenance costs and potential rental income. Research local rental market trends for 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom homes to determine competitive rental rates and ensure they align with your financial goals.

Consulting with local real estate professionals can provide valuable insights into market trends and potential challenges. Conduct thorough property inspections to identify any maintenance needs or structural issues that could affect rental income. Financially analyze your investment, including expected rental income versus expenses such as taxes, insurance, and vacancies. By leveraging local expertise and conducting comprehensive due diligence, you can make informed investment decisions that align with your long-term financial objectives in the Oklahoma City market.

User Stats

Votes
Replied

These are brand new homes which will be completed in next couple of weeks. I don’t see many 3bd/2ba in area and I was told by my agent that it’s a good thing, meaning there is not much inventory for those and these could rent pretty quick with good rental Comps.

BiggerPockets logo
PassivePockets is here!
|
BiggerPockets
Find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Ty Coutts
Lender
  • Lender
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
Replied

Hi Ashwin,

It sounds promising that these are brand new homes, which can be very appealing to renters. Here’s how you can evaluate the investment potential in this area and ensure it aligns with your goals:

Local Market Research: Since these are new homes and there isn’t much inventory for 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom properties, you could benefit from a high demand and low supply situation. However, it’s essential to research the rental market trends in the area thoroughly. Websites like Zillow, Rent.com, and Realtor.com can provide insights into current rental rates for similar properties. Also, consider reaching out to local property management companies for their input on rental demand and market conditions.

Comparative Market Analysis (CMA): Your agent's assertion about good rental comps should be backed by a Comparative Market Analysis. Ask your agent to provide a detailed CMA that includes recent rental prices for similar properties in the area. This will give you a clearer picture of what you can expect in terms of rental income.

Neighborhood Appeal: Evaluate the neighborhood's appeal by considering factors such as proximity to schools, parks, shopping centers, and public transportation. Additionally, check crime rates and the overall safety of the area, as these are crucial factors that tenants consider when choosing a rental home.

Financial Analysis: Perform a detailed financial analysis to ensure the investment is viable. Calculate your expected rental income and subtract operating expenses such as property taxes, insurance, maintenance, and property management fees. Ensure that the net operating income (NOI) meets your investment goals.

Future Developments: Investigate any future developments or infrastructure projects planned for the area, as these can significantly impact property values and rental demand.

Financing: If you are planning on taking out a loan to purchase a property in this area it is imperative to make sure you are getting terms that align with your investment objectives. We can discuss your financing options to ensure you’re getting the best terms for your investment. I can help you explore various loan products that suit your needs and maximize your returns.

Please feel free to reach out to set up a time to discuss this further.

User Stats

Votes
Drew Sygit
Property Manager
Agent
#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Votes |
Property Manager
Agent
#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Replied

@Ashwin kumar Kovur what data has your agent supplied to back up their claims?

How many rental properties does your agent own and how can they prove it?