Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Buying & Selling Real Estate
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Aaron Bard
  • Investor
  • Bangor, ME
Votes |
Double Question: Raising Capital and Boutique Hotels...

Aaron Bard
  • Investor
  • Bangor, ME
Posted

Hey everyone,

It's been a few months since I posted on BP. I've been too busy rehabbing my 3 unit apartment building to really focus on anything else.

But nonetheless, I have been keeping up with my less-than-professional deal pipeline.

My first question regarding this involves raising capital to invest in deals. I'm not a fan of the idea of borrowing money from family members, and have never been keen on the idea of borrowing anything from anybody. I would rather do it myself. But what are some slower, beginner ways that I could start raising capital to buy more real estate?

My second question: At what level of investing are boutique hotels a good idea? I have a lot of interest in the boutique hotel space and have found an on-market property near me with huge potential and lower entry cost than any other deal in the area. This then wraps back into the raising capital dilemma, as that is the major component that I'm missing.

I know this was a post full of jarbled thoughts and questions but if anyone has even a shred of insight or advice, that would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

-Aaron Bard

Loading replies...