Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Buying & Selling Real Estate
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Ben-Hur
  • New to Real Estate
  • Bakersfield, CA
Votes |
Buying a home every 2 years, renting the previous home out, and repeating, good idea?

Daniel Ben-Hur
  • New to Real Estate
  • Bakersfield, CA
Posted

My and my soon to be wife both graduated college at the same time and we make a combined $150k/year ($75k each) We are still living at home with our parents to save money, and we want to build wealth in real estate. 

We both have 0 debt. I’ve seen many strategies, but this one that has caught my eye recently. Purchasing the right home every 2 years, then renting it out to someone and purchasing a new home. Repeat for 15ish years to hopefully own a total of 6-7 homes by the end of this. I am projected to make $100k and she is projected to make $150k within the next 5 years, and on from there. Is this doable on our salaries in Bakersfield, or would it be better out of state? 

Loading replies...