Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Buying & Selling Real Estate
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Colton Witte
Votes |
Wife's Grandma wants to sell her house

Colton Witte
Posted

My wife's grandma is wanting to move closer to family. Her house is located in a housing edition that is great for single family's or renting out to the local college students (the campus is within walking distance). She's asking a bit much for what the house is worth, but I can be ok with the price. I would like her to do a seller financed deal on her house and I get the conventional loan on the house she has up here and then she can rent that house. I believe that the rental can cover both the payments for the seller financed deal and the conventional. While it would be tight, my wife and I can support both rental payments if there isn't a renter in the one. I know this doesn't allow for major repairs or us making money. Our goal is to have heathy income stream once we retire. 

My father-in-law however does not like this proposal but doesn't have any explanation for why. I think he think's I'll be taking advantage of her, but I think it's a fair deal. Am I missing something?

Loading replies...