Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Buying & Selling Real Estate
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Laura Tokgozoglu
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Catonsville MD
Votes |
Selling Our Cashflowing Airbnb

Laura Tokgozoglu
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Catonsville MD
Posted Sep 3 2022, 04:31

We have our 5br 3 ba Historic home in Mansfield MO listed on the MLS, but I wish there were some way to target an Airbnb or "house hacking" audience. We had an onsite manager who lived in a part of the house and we rented out the rest. Someone could buy this house, live in it and manage the Airbnb and have Airbnb revenue pay the mortgages and utilities. And have money left over!

It has rented very well, we opened in May and have grossed $12,000.00 and have $2000.00 more booked for September so far... we are selling for $275,000.00. It would be a perfect place for a couple or  a small family to house hack and actually make money after the mortgage is paid! It is located 1 mile from the Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum which draws many to the area and it has a connection to LIW as she wrote some of her books there and was friends with the owners. She designed her home after it...the house came with many rare photos of LIW and her husband. 

We get bookings for all kinds or reasons.  There is very little out there for people to stay and not much at all for large groups. We can sell it furnished so it is basically ready to go. Any suggestions on how to market it better? Is there a dedicated site somewhere that focuses on selling Airbnbs? If there isnt ,there should be!

Loading replies...