Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Buying & Selling Real Estate
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Snehanshu Ashar
  • Investor
  • SFO Bay Area, CA
Votes |
Turnkey investment resources for Apartment and other non-SFR

Snehanshu Ashar
  • Investor
  • SFO Bay Area, CA
Posted Jan 17 2022, 16:38

Hi all, I am a newbee on this forum, hoping to get some guidance on my upcoming 1031 exchange.

Scenario:

I am selling my rental property with a 300,000 mortgage, and expecting to sell it in the range of 1,000,000, i.e. 30% LTV (simplified numbers with similar ratio).

I am planning to reinvest in with 1031 exchange and have a bunch of questions on that. This post is about alternatives to SFR turnkey investments.

I have only self-managed a couple of SFO Bay Area SFR rentals, and looking to explore alternatives after my 1031 exchange of one of those properties.

I have looked at a few turnkey or rental SFR investment sites such as roofstock (not sure if they are turnkey or just facilitate investments by providing rental estimates and guarantees based on as-is properties), doorvest, renttoretirement, and turnkeyinvestproperties.

Are there popular and/or convenient options to look for, buy and manage larger complexes (apartments, commercial etc.) similar to the above list of options for SFRs? I posted another question about leverage. Assuming that I can increase the leverage in my 1031 exchange, I want to explore options of one or two large purchase(s) with similar returns instead of buying 5 to 10 SFRs, but have no idea where to look for those, and how to analyze the deals and management.

Loading replies...