Questions about Metron water meters

Questions about Metron water meters

Rental Property Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2016 · 524 posts · 148 votes

Hi All,

I have Universal Utilities right now at my MHP. They manage the water bill backs in my MHP and I have their meters in there. I’m thinking about going over to Metron because I’ve heard good things about them. But I have some questions to those who have Metron right now:

1. How do you guys deal with a tenant who doesn’t pay for their water/sewer bill? my current management company can shut off the water. My current meters have a valve on it and we can shut it off and put a lock on it. Do you guys evict? Do you guys remove the meter? Is there a way to shut off the water until they pay?

2. What I hate most about my current water management company is the fact that I don’t get all the money back every month (I see a huge delta), and the meters break often. How can I be sure that I can get all my water and sewer money paid back to me every month? And how can I insure that the Metron meters will not break on me like my current ones do?

3. How do your tenants get their water / sewer bill?

4. How do they pay it? Online? Together with the rent?

Thanks so much!

Gulliver

0Reply
25 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Quentin McNewPro Member
    Real Estate Investor · Champaign, IL · Member since 2017 · 63 posts · 37 votes
    4y
  • Investor · Williamston, SC · Member since 2017 · 39 posts · 32 votes
    4y

    We use Metron for about 2yrs now.  They email a spreadsheet with usage and billing to our PM. The water is another line item on the rent due in the tenant portal.  You can set up the billing to capture as much cost as you want.  I do like the fact that the meters will show leaks and other data.  As far as shutting off water for non payment,  we have not had this problem.  If they are not paying the water then they are not paying the rent either,  so time to evict. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.