Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Mobile Home Park Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
David Yandel
Votes |
Opportunity to purchase property in established mobile home / rv park

David Yandel
Posted

I am currently renting a rv lot with full hookups (water, sewer and electrical) for $750 per month at an established rv and mobile home park. People in this park range from using the land for manufactured homes and or park model rvs and fully movable units. I see that the area does sell these properties frequently and over the years have been increasing in value. 3 years ago, these properties (fully deeded) were going for around $25k, and now are selling for around $60-90k. There is a property here that the owner is trying to unload quickly, and I have the opportunity to purchase for cash well below current market value. My goal is to own some land so we have somewhere to come back to (my wife and I currently are nomadic) and also potentially short term rentals while away (rent to other RVers who need a spot).

now my question: Would it be best to pay this for cash outright as 1 of our first investments? Or would it be best to get a mortgage on the property even though it’s not needed? The goal is to start accumulating property and land and diversifying our portfolio. 

Loading replies...