Awesome New Podcast - Getting Things Done With David Allen (Show 117)

Awesome New Podcast - Getting Things Done With David Allen (Show 117)

Scott TrenchPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 6k+ votes

I struggle with questions like these every day:

How can I get more done?

Will getting more of THAT done make a difference?

What are the highest impact actions I can take NOW?

Well, the latest BiggerPockets Podcast seeks to answer those questions and provides valuable insights from one of the most respected business authors around - Mr. David Allen.  He's led a massive movement increasing both business and personal productivity and wrote the best selling book Getting Things Done.

If you aren't sure what action you should be taking now, then perhaps the highest impact action you can take is... listening to this show!

You can listen right now via this link:

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2015/04/09...

2Reply
33 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Northville, MI · Member since 2015 · 179 posts · 92 votes
11y

BP:

Just listened to the podcast - Great Info. Real Actionable steps.

Thanks

Pat

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Northville, MI · Member since 2015 · 179 posts · 92 votes
    11y

    BP:

    Just listened to the podcast - Great Info. Real Actionable steps.

    Thanks

    Pat

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 659 posts · 441 votes
    11y

    I read his book a couple of years ago.  Powerful stuff.  There were some outdated items in there because it was 15 years old.  Mainly along the lines of using paper only and not a computer.  Back when he wrote the book, apps and computing as we knew it didn't exist like it does today. I see he just re-wrote it as a new version this year.  I assume he's updated that thinking with products like Nozbe out there now.  Can't wait to listen.

  • Highland Park, MI · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes
    11y

    Just listened to this podcast. Not sure if he plugs this in his 2015 updated book, but Trello.com is the best organizational tool I've found. Phone App and website

    I use it at work and at home. 

    It'll take you a couple of days to get it down but it is definitely worth the time spent

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    11y

    David Allen is the man! Getting Things Done has been so helpful for me and definitely boosted my productivity by a very large margin!

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2014 · 43 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    let's get it DONE #BPNATION 

  • Visalia-Fresno, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 863 votes
    11y

    Interesting at the end of the interview when asked again about real estate it didn't even register with David Allen about investing.


    Frank

  • Investor · Pleasanton, CA · Member since 2015 · 87 posts · 16 votes
    11y

    BP: Trello vs Nozbe vs any other organization tool? What do you use & like? 

  • Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2014 · 18 posts · 7 votes
    11y

    Loved this podcast, been trying out the Getting Things Done method for a few months now after reading the book.

    Now that I know he's coming out with a 2015 version, I wish I'd have just waited for that one! As @Justin B. said, the old book was a bit outdated and reliant on paper solutions; hoping the new one really dives into how to make things digital.

  • Real Estate Broker · Laval, Québec · Member since 2014 · 183 posts · 59 votes
    11y

    I like toodledo is very easy to use and is highly customizable. Gtd changed my life. 

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    11y

    @Andy A. - I'm partial to Trello.

    All - Thanks for the feedback . . . we think guys like David, although non real-estate, can add tremendous value to the community and we hope to add more experts like him to our lineup.

  • Jean BolgerPro Member
    Aurora, CO · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    David Allen saved my life. Well, not quite. But he certainly saved my filing system and made me a much calmer person!

    I don't know if organization skills are genetic. But My Dad was super organized, and so is my sister. My mom, however, was a hot mess- piles of papers everywhere that she was "going to get to"... and I was the same -- until I read "Getting Things Done" and implemented his filing system. I don't stick to his whole to-do list system unless I have a big project going but man, what a difference. If you struggle with keeping track of things you owe it to yourself to check it out.

  • Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes
    11y
    Great information and simplistic ways to organize every day.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.