Contractors and real estate agent property managers in Raleigh

Contractors and real estate agent property managers in Raleigh

Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 4 votes

Hey everyone!

I’m Cam, a medical professional and real estate investor. I currently live and invest in Pennsylvania, but am looking to move to the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill), North Carolina in 2020.

I would love to move right in to a property I own, and would be even more thrilled to snag a Live and flip or a House hack right out of the gate.

After that, I'd be pumped to continue to chug away at rehab SFR or small multi family investments. I tend to get some curious, private money from my colleagues in the medical profession. So I have the potential to do several deals a year.

I am looking for a highly recommended contractor and real estate investor who would be trustworthy enough to help me find a property before moving there (I.e. helping with some virtual inspections and quotes/comps).

I would love your recommendations, and am equally interested in making friends, connections, and learning of great local meetups!

Have a great day, guys!

Cam

2Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2017 · 157 posts · 169 votes
6y

Hey @Cameron Wilson sounds like you are very early in your idea since your moving to location is so broad. You might need to narrow it down a bit. Eg. I invest in Raleigh but don't go to Chapel Hill. They are many realtors that are ok with going anywhere but unless you in that location every they might not know a lot about it to provide much useful insight. 

I would also recommend talking to your lender to see how much and what conditions they will borrow you for. Especially if you already have investments and changing or moving for a new job, they might consider you a higher risk. From my experience, they usually want to se someone with at least 1 or 2 years in the current job etc. But it just depends how you are financing those deals. Just something to consider.

I'm around Raleigh, Cary, Wake Forest areas a lot so if you want some insight feel free to ping me. I mostly do SFH and Townhomes. Not so much Multifamily as those are not very common in here.

I used to have out of state investments so I totally understand how important is to have someone you can trust and that have your best interest so definitely look around for those type of folks. Also finding someone who share your common goes makes it easier from my experience. 

Good luck with your move. Raleigh has a great investment market and still very affordable prices, comparing to CA, NY or CO..

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • New to Real Estate · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2020 · 32 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    @Cameron Wilson hi Cameron, I will be happy to help you out with some virtual inspection, quote etc like you have mentioned above. PS: I am not a realtor or contractor so you will still need those.

    Best regards,

    Alfred

  • Rental Property Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2017 · 157 posts · 169 votes
    6y

    Hey @Cameron Wilson sounds like you are very early in your idea since your moving to location is so broad. You might need to narrow it down a bit. Eg. I invest in Raleigh but don't go to Chapel Hill. They are many realtors that are ok with going anywhere but unless you in that location every they might not know a lot about it to provide much useful insight. 

    I would also recommend talking to your lender to see how much and what conditions they will borrow you for. Especially if you already have investments and changing or moving for a new job, they might consider you a higher risk. From my experience, they usually want to se someone with at least 1 or 2 years in the current job etc. But it just depends how you are financing those deals. Just something to consider.

    I'm around Raleigh, Cary, Wake Forest areas a lot so if you want some insight feel free to ping me. I mostly do SFH and Townhomes. Not so much Multifamily as those are not very common in here.

    I used to have out of state investments so I totally understand how important is to have someone you can trust and that have your best interest so definitely look around for those type of folks. Also finding someone who share your common goes makes it easier from my experience. 

    Good luck with your move. Raleigh has a great investment market and still very affordable prices, comparing to CA, NY or CO..

  • Property Manager · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    @CarmenWilson We are excited to welcome you to North Carolina! Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill all offer their own perks. Feel free to shoot me a message if you would like some help in the area. 

    **Disclosure. I am a Licensed REALTOR and I also oversee a property management company in the triangle. Therefore, I have a team of contractors that can also help you. I look forward to connecting with you!  

  • Investor/GC · Apex, NC · Member since 2015 · 59 posts · 28 votes
    6y

    Hi Cameron, There is plenty to choose from in the area. Putting your request on Bigger Pockets is a great way to get the word out about what you are looking for. I am a contractor and investor working mostly in Durham (but expanding into Raleigh and Orange county). There are still areas that provide good profit potential, although there is much competition  with so many people getting into real estate. If you need someone to put some experienced eyes on a potential project/ home, let me know. I am developing relationships with several repeat flipping investors. I normally run 5 to 7 projects at a time. Working with investors is my main business.

  • Realtor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    @Cameron Wilson Glad to hear you plan on making NC your home! I would be happy to send you properties that meet your buying criteria prior to you heading this way so you will have a good idea of what is available! 

  • Investor · Durham NC (and Brenham, TX) · Member since 2018 · 301 posts · 197 votes
    6y

    Hi @Cameron Wilson, the triangle area is certainly a great place to live!  And as far as real estate meetups go, Josh Rathbun organizes a BP meetup that was usually the second Wednesday of the month but has been on a hiatus with COVID.  There are plans to start it up again so be sure have alerts set up for Raleigh/Durham etc and check out BP's events page.  You can also check out TREIA and see if any of the programs interest you - I find that some of the subgroups are worth attending.  Hope to see you in NC soon!

  • Property Manager · Wake Forest, NC · Member since 2015 · 84 posts · 56 votes
    6y

    @Cameron Wilson Great to hear your plans to move to the Raleigh triangle area. I’ve lived here for years and we love this area for many reasons. In a uncertain market, I’m grateful to be in a location that is attracting business and people looking for a thriving market in a mild climate. Just in the past few weeks I’ve been amazed to see how many people I’ve connected with transplanting here in the middle of this pandemic.

    I’m an investor myself and full time property manager and real estate agent. Our firm manages over 600 properties all across the triangle and beyond. We have a pulse on both the hot, booming areas as well as some of the higher cash flow more rural markets.

    I’d love to hear more about your investing history and what sectors and strategy’s interest you. As I’m sure you know from investing up north, you’ll need to have a clear game plan and all the finding and resources lined up to make a fast move when you find that right property.

    Because we focus as a firm with investment properties I have some great lending partners that work specifically with seasoned investors. I’d be happy to connect further and help you in any way I can. Feel free to PN me and we can schedule to chat further.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.