Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Mortgage Brokers & Lenders
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Ness
  • Realtor
  • Lafayette, IN
Votes |
1 Hour Away from Indy - Lending options?

Ryan Ness
  • Realtor
  • Lafayette, IN
Posted

I am currently located in Lafayette, Indiana. I have been living in a duplex househack that I purchased in 2021. I would always prefer to use as low a down payment as possible, but I understand that being located 1 hour from Indianapolis may present some challenges.

I currently have a W2 income in Lafayette and am a licensed realtor in Indiana as well. I have not been as focused on the real estate sales and have really just held onto my license for the time being.

Are there any lenders that would be a good fit for this scenario? I do not see myself doing 20% down on any property greater than $150,000 to ensure I still have reserves.

I have already linked up with some Realtors based in Indiana and have property searches going, but I want to be sure I am set to submit offers when the opportunity arises. I have been working on sourcing deals in Lafayette as well, but the market is pretty thin here compared to the options even just on the MLS in Indy. I have 2 options on the MLS here in Lafayette that I know do not work, but there are 11 in Indy in my list of options at the moment just as an example.

Loading replies...