Market Changes, STRs In Myrtle Beach SC Market And Finding Deals

Market Changes, STRs In Myrtle Beach SC Market And Finding Deals

Jonathan EdmundPro Member
North Myrtle Beach, SC · Member since 2017 · 58 posts · 40 votes

Hey BP!

I'm a Realtor in Myrtle Beach SC and surrounding areas. I have started to notice a lot of changes in our market, especially with insurances going up on some of the older STR buildings. There are a lot of people looking to invest in our market and I think it's important that people be very cautious that they understand all expenses before looking at STR properties.

I'm currently starting to analyze different buildings and units within those buildings to start compiling a list of the best areas in our market, as well as buildings to get the best returns, when all expenses are considered. Then I'll start narrowing it down to the specific units themselves and will keep a list for interested investors. I don't feel many agents are doing this in my market and I think it needs to be done, as there are a TON of ocean front and STR condos/condotels in our area and they are not easy to comb through. If any investors are looking to purchase in this area, and want to be added to any email list or anything as I start to compile my list, I'll be glad to spread the word and my findings along the way. There are deals to be had in our market and I think someone really just needs to buckle up and start weeding through the good deals and weed out the bad ones. (This is not me promoting or trying to get business, just running numbers on buildings and providing information to investors who want to learn more about or market and start the process of narrowing down actual areas and buildings.)

If anyone has questions about STRs in my area, reach out anytime as well.

Thanks!!

6Reply
10 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · New York, NY · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
3y

Do you use Air DNA?

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Mike ShoePro Member
    Member since 2022 · 9 posts · 4 votes
    3y

    Let’s connect!

    I’m currently looking in this market and would love to see what you come up with.

  • Member since 2023 · 10 posts · 8 votes
    3y

    Jonathan,

    I am actively looking to invest in the MC/NMB/SSB/Murrells Inlet area.  Pleas add me to your list of interested investors. 

  • Investor · Charleston, SC · Member since 2021 · 263 posts · 122 votes
    3y

    @Jonathan Edmund Thanks for posting. I'm looking for a STR in the N Myrtle/Cherry Grove area. I'll reach out today but love to connect soon if I can't reach you.

  • Lender · New York, NY · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    Do you use Air DNA?

  • Jonathan EdmundPro Member
    OP
    North Myrtle Beach, SC · Member since 2017 · 58 posts · 40 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Chadwick Cotner:

    Jonathan,

    I am actively looking to invest in the MC/NMB/SSB/Murrells Inlet area.  Pleas add me to your list of interested investors. 


     Souds godo to me! Shoot me a message with your contact info and we can stay in touch. Thanks! 

  • Jonathan EdmundPro Member
    OP
    North Myrtle Beach, SC · Member since 2017 · 58 posts · 40 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Zach Edelman:

    Do you use Air DNA?


     I personally don't use Air DNA but most of the investors I send properties to run them through Air DNA and compare to the info I provide them as a cross reference. It seems to be in the ballpark from my experience. 

  • Investor · Long Island, NY · Member since 2022 · 18 posts · 4 votes
    3y

    Shot you a connection. Would love to be added to your list ! I have one STR in the area and am looking to expand. Thanks!

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2021 · 12 posts · 4 votes
    2y

    Thanks for your post. I'm looking for a condotel for STR. Could you please add me to your list? Thanks!

  • NY · Member since 2023 · 1 post · 0 votes
    2y

    Thanks for your post. Actively looking in this area and would love to be added to the list. I sent over a connection.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.