Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Real Estate Agent
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Weixin Tang
Votes |
how to estimate rent in Punta Gorda

Weixin Tang
Posted

I am in the process of buying a property in Punta Gorda. I am surprised by how low the current rent is. Based on what I heard, I should be able to time the sq ft by 1.8 to get the current rent. But based on postings on Zillow and Craigslist, the factor should be 1.2 to 1.3. So for a 1000 sqft house rented out annually, a market rent should be $1200 to 1300 if the house is not located in a premium location. Is my understanding correct? Thanks. 

User Stats

Votes
Jim Miller
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Lebanon Pa
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Lebanon Pa
Replied

I am property manager in Punta Gorda. In my opinion, there is no formula that is workable in areas similar to Punta Gorda. You see a mixture of the in-season, off-season, vacation, and annual rentals on the internet. And the online algorithms try to put everything in the same box. Id, be happy to look into the home you are purchasing and give you my thoughts on what the rents should be.