Engaging with Investors

Engaging with Investors

Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 2 votes

As a new investor, I often hear the advice to contact experienced investors and ask questions, such as how they've done deals and what they would do differently if they could go back. This feels one-sided to me, where I'm the "entitled new investor" who must have answers to his questions. 

What are some ways people have engaged with investors to garner advice and lessons? Being new, I don't have any concrete skills or cash to offer in exchange, but I am more than willing to give my time to make cold calls or something of that sort.

0Reply
20 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · North Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Garrett Ryan

    When you are networking with local investors; recognize what they need help with. Maybe you can assist them and it be a win/win. Examples; email lists, cold calling, website design, social media, door knocking etc.

  • Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 691 votes
    5y

    I would encourage you to find local meetups in your area. Often times, investors will go there to network and meet new people. So, you going there with questions is okay! These people are go-givers, and if they are at a networking event like a meetup, then they likely won't mind helping out a newer investor. They were in your shoes at one point. 

    Hope that helps! Reach out if you have any questions. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.