Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Garen S.
Votes |
1st deal done: now what?

Garen S.
Posted Dec 26 2020, 11:34

I bought a vacation rental property 3 years ago for a great price. I rented it using an agency and their fees combined with the high HOA fees made it a negative cash flow in that setup. I really didn't know what I was doing and should have managed the property myself.

Anyways lucky for me the property appreciated and I recently sold the property for a 200k profit. That plus the 150k equity gives me 350k to reinvest.

I currently distributed the 200k for a 1031 exchange.

I am looking at SFH in my area which range from 250k-400k.

Trying to figure out best strategy for investment. For background I have a good job and I have a 4 day work week. I have a traditional balanced portfolio with no real estate holdings except for about 65k in an REIT.

My job is on auto pilot and I’m looking for a challenge and am excited about expanding my real estate investing.

My thoughts on proceeding are: purchasing a SFH with 25% down and managing myself then invest rest in syndicate or passive real estate deal. Purchasing multiple homes. Paying cash for single home and then managing. Thoughts.

Loading replies...